Thursday 23 January 2014

The Long Overdue Clothes Show Live 2013 Haul

I can't believe it has taken so long for me to finally get this post up, so sorry for the delay! In December I attended the Clothes Show Live at the Birmingham NEC. This year was the 25th Anniversary of the Clothes Show and the fashion show definitely lived up to that, in my opinion. The designs featured on the main catwalk were absolutely stunning, featuring plenty of fur and sequins... my two favourite things! I didn't get a chance to take many photos of the exhibitors as my arms were practically falling off with all the shopping I had been carrying. Having been a couple of times before, I was really excited for what was in store and hoped I had prepared accordingly. The venue was split into sections, including the Beauty Hall, Fashion Halls and of course Fashion Theatrem, with several smaller catwalks dotted around the various halls. A big highlight for me definitely was seeing some of my favourite Made in Chelsea stars.

Needless to say I went a little crazy and seemed to buy everything in sight! Be prepared this post is gonna be a long one! (P.S. I think I now have a lifetime supply of nail polish)

Ciate Mini Mani Month

I've been dying to get my hands on some Ciate polishes but as they are a little pricey I couldn't really justify spending that much on a nail polish when I already have so many. Instead, I went complete overboard and purchased an entire collection! The Ciate advent calendar contains 24 items including nail polishes, nail beads/caviar and nail glitter. The set also comes with a little funnel to help apply the nails beads, how cute?!



 


Bare Minerals
I absolutely love Bare Minerals but some times feel a little hard done by when parting with so much cash for products which are reasonably small. The Bre Minerals stall was offer a number of goodie bags, priced at £5, 10 and £20 containing a variety of lovely products. I decided to go for the larger goodie bag as it contained the products which I'd get the most use out of.



SPF15 Powder Foundation in Medium Beige - I've never tried a Bare Minerals foundation efore, or any powder foundation before, so this will definitely be fun to try.

All Over Face Colour in Bare Radiance - A gorgeous all over illuminating powder.

Natural lipgloss in Chiffon- which is a shimmery golden brown colour.

Angled Face Brush

Handy kabuki Brush





 
Barry M
Every year I have been, the Barry M goodie bags are definitely one of the ones I have to look forward to the most. Price at an outrageourslu amazing price of £10, you receive 12 items, containing a variety of Barry M products. I got two goodie bags, one for a present and here is what was in mine:




Nail Paints in 264 Pink Iridescent - which is the sparkly pinky peach colour, 288 Silver, Limited Edition SLE 2013 B - which is the neon green and a Limited Edition effects in Lilac foil - which is the metallic purple colour.

Retro Nail Paint in Retro 2 Blue

Dazzle Dusts in 100 - which the gold/bronze shade and 21 which is the dark black with a hint of purple (will need to do a full review on this to figure out what colour it actually is)

Supersoft Eyecrayon in No 5 - Lilacshade

Kohl pencil in 16 Baby blue

Glitter stick in Gold

Intense black mascara 3 in 1 - 'volumises, lengthens, curls'

Lipgloss in a Medium Pink (shade unknown)

The two goodie bags were quite similar in terms of product content, just with varying colours.
 








Jelly Pong Pong
I have never actually seen Jelly Pong Pong on sale anywhere apart from the Clothes Show and online, so picking up one of their goodie bags was a must. The goodie bags were an absolute bargain, at only £5 for 4 items! Having had the most amazing juicy Jelly Pong Pong lipgloss before, I was definitely up for trying out some new products . The goodie bag contained: 



Wide Awake - a palette of skin enhancing colour tools to brighten and illuminate complexions.

Carribean Sun Bronzer duo - a cheek duo containing a deep bronzer and a blusher.

Lip Blush - a moisturising lip stain crayon in Marshmallow (a medium pink kinda colour)

2 in 1 Eyeliner and Shadow in a plum colour







So Susan Skincare . Colour. Performance
The Clothes Show is great for discovering new brands which you otherwise may not get a chance to come across. So Susan was one of them. it seems to be a sister company of jelly pong pong, with very similar design ideas. the goodie bag was very similar, also a bargain £5 for 4 items, containing:



8 Hour Cheek Stain - in a reddish/pink shade

Water-based Pure Luminizer - a highlighter, intregued t find out how matt or shimmery it actually is, will do a full review once i start properly using it.

Intense Eye Shadow Palette with Coated Pigments - containing four shades - a brown. The colours here are not really the sort I would normally wear so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet.

Lip Balm, which is actually an orange toned red lip and cheek crayon.



Models Own
Models Own also had a pretty appealing package on offer, as you were able to choose any 3 nail polishes in addition to the rest of the kit, for just £10. I spent a good while at this stall trying to pick the ones I loved the most and eventually settled with the n ail polishes in Southern lights, Catherine Wheel (post can be found here)and a Smash Up polish in Black. I've never actually tried the crackle polishes or anything similar, so why not!



The Models Own kit contained :

Special Clothes Show Live edition polish in Show Stopper 2

Lipstick in Sheer sparkle

Moisturing Lipbalm in Bubblegum

Cream eyeshadow in Mash up mauve

Eyeliner pencil in Black

Eyeliner pencil in Brown

Chunky eye pencil in Black with silver glitter (name unknown)

Complete with a nail buffer and some sponge eye shadow applicators.









Rimmel London
At first I was in two minds over the Rimmel London goodie bags this year, but I think I prefer small Rimmel goodie bag as I do not use that many Rimmel profucts so this was ideal. 



The Retro Glam set contained:

Scandaleyes Mascara in Black

Salon Pro Nail Polish with lycra in 393 Desire

Sunshimmer Water resistant fake tan in Medium matte

A sample size sachet of the Wake Me Up Foundation in 201 Classic Beige

The Electro Glam kit was brought for a present so I haven't opened it up. It also containted a sachet of the Wake Me Up Foundation and the Sunshimmer fake tan, but came with a red Salon Pro polish and a Lash Accelerator mascara.




Mint London

This is a brand I'd never heard of but thought I would try it out as the goodie bag was such a steal. The offer allowed you to select 4 nail polishes and the rest of the items were in a prepacked. Tee lovely lady who served me also threw in a pot of glitter as I was being indecisive on whether I should get the goodie bag or not.





Bomb Cosmetics

 
This stall was giving off the most deeelicious scent which couldn't help but draw me in. With so much to choose from, I decided to go for some bath bombs in Appleberry, Vanilla and Honey and Santa's Grotto Brulee.





So that's about it. Sorry it's such a long post, hope you enjoyed it! If have been to the Clothes Show this year in previous years, let me know what you thought!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment