Tuesday 25 February 2014

NOTD // Mint London and Models Own Special Edition

 
In this edition of NOTD I have finally had a number of plays with nail polishes from the Clothes Show to write a balanced review. Featured in this post are the gorgeous Mint London in Hidden and Models Own Clothes Show Live Edition Show Stopper 2.
 
Here is the finished creation:
 
 
Firstly I applied two coats of the Mint London nail polish. Only having discovered this brand at the Clothes Show in December I was very excited to try out something new. The colour is lovely (perfect for the Spring) and applies really well. I usually wear it with glitter top coats to give it a bit more sparkle, however the general chip-free power is quite good. 
 
 
 
To finish off I applied a thick layer of the Models Own Show Stopper 2 nail polish. As the glitter bits were quite sparse, achieving an even coverage was quite difficult, however I was quite pleased with the final product. Acting as a thick top coat it really helped to seal the baby blue base colour. My only issue with polish however, was the very unexpected strong smell! I am unsure what it is best to compare it to, perhaps paint stripped or another heavy chemical of some sort. After painting my nails the scent seemed to take over the entire room, needed to be aired out significantly. I have used many Models Own polishes before and they were fine, so I have no idea why this polish smells so unbearably different.
 
Have you tried either of these polishes before? Let me know what you thought!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment