Monday 29 December 2014

The Clothes Show Live 2014 // Part 1


Earlier this month I attended the Clothes Show Live held annually at the Birmingham NEC in the first week of December. Tickets to the event include entry to a 45 minute catwalk show in the Alcatel OneTouch Fashion Theatre, hosted by a number of presenters, additionally featuring a performance from current artists. As I went on the Saturday, the show was hosted by Rick Edwards with a musical performance form Jetta.
 
Here are a few snaps from the show (it was so hard to just chose a few!):
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
An absolute fiend for the Beauty Hall, I usually buy my ticket last minute, not really worrying where I will be sitting for the catwalk, but as this year was my mum's first visit to the Clothes Show, as a special treat we decided to upgrade and purchase platinum tickets. Previously going a number of times as a standard ticket holder this was definitely a nice change! As a platinum ticket holder you get a seat much closer to the front (which was a total highlight for me as I could pretty much see every sequin on the gorgeous gowns on the catwalk) as well as a goodie bag containing the show programme and various samples, fast track entry to the Fashion Theatre, exclusive access to the Saks Platinum Pamper Lounge, the Manhattan Bar and the Designer Outlet clothing stand. The price difference between the tickets is around £12-15 which I think is reasonable (when the goodie bags alone are sold for £8). I prefer to see the show in the morning to have the rest of the day to roam the stalls and check out what's happening at the event in general.
 
 
My favourite section as usual was the Beauty Hall, where I spent most of the day. Adjoining, there were (I think) three fashion halls containing a variety of stalls including a vintage section. Throughout the day there were a number of performances held at Olympus Pen Designer catwalk stage and at the Image Catwalk stage (which was in association with company.co.uk) which displayed work from established designers, fashion students around the country as well as catwalks showcasing the latest trends on the high street.
 
 
 
 
 (This outfit was completely painted on by one of the fashion students! So impressive but must have taken her hours!)
 
 
 
 
 
 
Another thing I love about the Clothes Show is the opportunity to crowd spot or meet celebrities, where you could do so at the THX total hair experts pen. Frequent Clothes Show celeb visitor are the cast of Made in Chelsea including Andy, Stevie, Proudlock and Jamie and TOWIE including Amy Childs, Lauren Goodier and Mario. This year one of my favourite bloggers Fleur from Fleur De Force was also there, doing a lovely Q&A session which was definitely a treat!
 
 
 
 
 
All in all in was an amazing day shop till you drop day and I had a great time. Probably went a little too crazy on the spending but hey, who isn't guilty of that at the Clothes Show?
 
This has turned into a pretty long post so please check out my Clothes Show Live Haul/Part 2 blog post to see what I purchased.
Enjoy!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment