Sunday 19 July 2015

The Best Eyeshadow Primer in the World!


Firstly I must apologise for my disappearance! It's been an extremely busy summer for me, with holiday planning, going on said holiday, helping out with arrangements for a friend's hen do and of course, general life admin. Boy do I have some serious catching up to do! 

I've been meaning to write about this for a while as I've actually been using a sample sized version for over a year and oh my goodness has my life been transformed! Ladies, let me introduce, the spectacular, Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion



This primer has changed my life and saved me so much time! It claims to give your eyeshadow 24 hour staying power and YES! It does exactly what it says on the tin. I have the Original, which is my favourite, as it's the most versatile in my opinion, as you can wear it as a base under any colour combination and also use it as a base for glitter (anywhere on your face like if you're going to a festival etc). The primer potion is also available in the shades Eden, Minor sin, as well as an anti-aging one, pore perfecting or the brightening & tightening version. I have tried Eden in store and it is the most gorgeous shimmery, champagne colour which I would love to wear on it's own, however as a primer I didn't think it would be suitable to wear under blue, green or berry shades.

I don't know what Urban Decay have put in this formula but it is absolutely amazing! I apply the primer at 8am, followed by a a couple of eyeshadows from my Naked 1 palette and it remains absolutely flawless all day, without the need to top up if I decide to go for dinner straight after work. It is absolutely ideal for festivals as your eye make up will stay on whatever the weather. It is also super handy for anyone who is extremely busy and doesn't have time to top up make up during the day. 

The original primer dries clear so make sure you apply it evenly before it's too late. My only grievance with this product was that it comes in a squeezy tube and I always seem to squeeze out too much which gets a little annoying, However, I shall suffer no more! As Urban Decay have revamped their packaging to incorporate a handy doe-foot applicator like they have in the sample sized primers. I'm just gutted that I only bought mine a few months ago so have loads left and won't be repurchasing this for a while. If you haven't seen the new version yet, here it is:


So if you haven't yet tried it you must go and seek it out! I really don't know where I'd be without it, or how I've managed to go for so long before finally giving in to the Urban Decay craze!




No comments:

Post a Comment